The most effective type of massage therapy for lower back pain is pass4sure PHR neuromuscular therapy. Neuromuscular therapy is also called trigger point myotherapy. The American Academy of Pain Management recognizes this form of massage therapy as an effective treatment for back pain caused by soft tissue injury (such as a muscle strain).
Neuromuscular therapy has a holistic approach towards healing in that emphasis is laid on stimulating the body to heal itself. Once this healing has begun, neuromuscular therapy techniques are used to stimulate soft-tissue repair in the affected areas. During a typical session of neuromuscular therapy, the therapist will first examine the patient and his or her medical history in an attempt to accurately gauge all the factors that are creating and prolonging pain. Once the problem areas have been identified, alternating levels of concentrated pressure are applied on the areas of muscle spasm with the fingers, knuckles or elbow.
Neuromuscular therapy works by addressing the following six physiological factors which can intensify pain patterns. They are:
- Trigger points – trigger points are highly irritable points in the nervous system.
- Nerve entrapment/compression – when a nerve gets pressed constantly between the surrounding structures, it can lead to an acute kind of chronic pain.
- Postural distortions – Postural distortions result in underdevelopment of the supporting muscles and thereby lead to their weakening.
- Nutrition – Lack of adequate nutrition to pass4sure PHR the cells leads to an overall weakening of the entire system.
- Ischemia – In a condition such as Ischemia, the cells and tissues get a reduced blood supply and as a result are under-nourished.
- Stress – Stress plays havoc with the functioning of the nervous and musculoskeletal system.
Neuromuscular therapy is used to treat conditions such as chronic pain, sciatica, rotator cuff dysfunction, carpal tunnel syndrome, temporomandibular joint dysfunction and migraines. It is also used in the treatment of some physical and sexual abuse-related traumas. Neuromuscular therapy is also the most effective type of massage therapy for lower back pain. It is also used to locate and release spasms and hyper contractions in the tissue. It aids the healing process for injured tissue, assists in venous and lymphatic flow, restores postural alignment, and imparts flexibility to the tissues.